12 & 13 June 2019 OECD Conference Centre, Paris, France
(J2) Vidéo intégrale de la deuxième journée
13 July 2019
Overcoming the challenges of policy implementation and enforcement
A global perspective on how to improve strategic planning on IPR enforcement and propose concrete actions.
Facilitator: Jacki Davis
- Christian Peugeot, President, UNIFAB - Marie Sellier, Vice-President Public Affairs, Vivendi
- Christa Brzozowski , Deputy Assistant Secretary, Department for Homeland Security, United States
- Evdokia Moïsé, Senior Trade Policy Analyst, Directorate for Trade and Agriculture, OECD
- Jan de Visser, Global IP Manager, Philips
Panel II: The role of technology and intermediaries when countering trade in counterfeits
During the second panel efforts will be made to identify opportunities for strengthening IPR enforcement in trade. How to address copyright infringements, intensify the fight against the sale of counterfeits and new technologies for better IP enforcement will be among the topics to be discussed in the breakout sessions.
Identify opportunities for strengthening the role of technology and intermediaries in fighting IP Infringements, improving due diligence and using a follow the money approach.
- Kester Meijer, Director Operational Integrity, Compliance & Safety, KLM Cargo
- Charles Wright, Associate General Counsel, Amazon
- Sophie Peresson, Director Innovation for All– BASCAP, BASIS, Digital Economy, IP
- Annabelle DanielVarda, Legal Director–Head of Trademark team, Google - Matthew Bassiur, Vice President, Head of Global Intellectual Property Enforcement, Alibaba Group
Session IV – Addressing copyright infringements in a digital environment
Focus on copyright infringements, in particular in the digital context and on opportunities to enhance IP enforcement in the on-line environment.
Chair: Alexandra Poch, Deputy Director, European Observatory on Infringements of Intellectual Property Rights, EUIPO
- Elena Blobel, Director of Litigation, IFPI
- Pauline Blassel, Secretary General, Supreme Authority for the Distribution and Protection of Intellectual Property on the Internet, (HADOPI), France
- Marco Giorello, Head of Unit, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Marco Pancini, Director of Public Policy, YouTube
Session V – New practices and the role of online intermediaries
Exploring options for combating counterfeits and piracy online.
Chair: Harrie Temmink, Deputy Head of Unit, DG GROW, European Commission
- Joanna Gęga, Intellectual Property Team Manager, Allegro
- Probir Mehta, Head of Global IP Policy, Facebook
- Måns Sjöstrand, Head of IP and Brand Protection, Daniel Wellington
- Olivier de Combret, Legal Counsel, Trademark and Anti-Counterfeit, Chanel
Session VI – Disrupting financial flows for better IP enforcement
Combating IP infringements in cooperation with the payment industry.
Chair: Caroline Malcolm, Head, Blockchain Policy Centre, OECD
- Lara Miller, Counsel, Vice President - Corporate Strategy at the International An Counterfeiting Coalition (IACC)
- Barry Ellio , Criminal Analyst at the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre, Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Álvaro Ortega, Head of Law Enforcement Outreach and Investigations, Western Union
- Michael Gates, Director Brand, Risk Management, PayPal
Chairs summing up and discussion
Panel III – New alliances and partnerships for better IP enforcement
Shared experiences in engaging with consumer groups and other non-governmental organisations.
- Karen Ghysels, Director, European Consumer Centre, Belgium
- Maciej Dydo, Deputy Director, Department of Intellectual Property and Media, Ministry of Culture and National Heritage/Legalna Kultura, Poland
- Gavin Terry, Lead officer (Intellectual Property) Chartered Trading Standards Institute
Defining priorities for an agenda for action
- Chris Martin, Assistant Director, Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs, Fraud Investigation Service
- Shira Perlmutter, Chief Policy Officer and Director for International Affairs, Policy and External Affairs, USPTO
- Amaryllis Verhoeven, Head of the Intellectual Property Unit, DG GROW, European Commission